Camtech Router Master 52 issues

Thread: Camtech Router Master 52 issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Camtech Router Master 52 issues

Hello all!....

To be honest this is my first post, and my first CNC. I have purchased a Camtech RM52. I made the mistake of trying to install a copy of Enroute to the control Computer. to make a long story short.....Crashed my computer & decided to control with a slightly larger Computer. The copy of the CAMPLOT OS I recieved with the machine will not read, the CD is not only scratched on the readable surface, some of the label is scratched & the laser just shoots on through. Does anyone have a copy of the CAMPLOT OS they can ZIP & send my way???

AXYZ wants to upgrade me, which would not be out of the question in a few months, but not now, at the beginning. Wondered if anyone can help me out.

We should be able to recover the old computer, but I would rather have a slightly more powerful box.

Thanks!

B

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi There BWood,

I have just bought a Cam Tech Router Master 52 myself, used from Ebay.

I was hoping to connect with someone else who has the same machine to compare notes and maybe help solve a few problems along the way.

Would you be open to sharing notes?

Thanks
    Tony V Studios

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi There,

My Cam Tech RM52 cam with a Bob Campbel control box, its using Gecko Drives, a CNC 4pc BOB, and ethernet smooth stepper board. I am running Mach3 with the Sound Logic XML.

It seems to work great, having a slight issue right now with the x axis because its running two stepper motors and A axis is slaved,

I searched High and low for a copy of Camplot OS, to no luck.

If you want I can post pics on my set up to compare notes.

Thanks
    Tony V Studios

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would be glad to compare notes, although I don't think I could be much help at all. Seems I am basically having to rebuild my machine "from the ground up". That's what it feels like anyway.......

Contact me via email. I can help you out with a thing or two.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    I have been offered for sale a 2001 Cam Tech Router Master Z7 for a very good price. It has a 60" x 120" table and was used for two years then stored in heated shop. Can anyone help me decide if this machine can be upgraded and at what cost? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi There Old Gaffer,

Yes the Camtech routers can be upgraded, cost will depend on what you are wanting to upgrade, can you elaborate a bit more on what your thinking of improving.

Thanks
    Tony V Studios

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, Tony. Brad Moberg from Cam Tech told me that due to the age of the controller the firmware would be obsolete and would require upgrading. Then he went on to suggest I buy a new machine...I am assuming the firmware is the 'Black box'? Perhaps I'll be limited in what I can do with this machine, in contrast with a new one, but surely this can be brought into the modern world. A new one is $30000!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey There,

I was told the same thing when I went to Camtech for help, Naturally they will want to up sell you, its their job, but lets face it, not all of us have an extra 30K sitting around.

So if you looking to upgrade the operating system and controller then I would suggest the Bob Camble CNC controllers. These are built industrial tuff and have top brand components throughout, sure you probably could build a mock up of his but why waist time and energy, not too mention the stress of trying to figure it out.

Bobs controllers can work on the Cam Tech machines, I am using one right now on my machine and it works fine. It runs on a windows platform and runs with Mach 3.
    I use Aspire 3.5 to design all the parts and shoot it over to Mach and away it goes!

I only upgraded to Serial input adapter ( since they are pretty much obsolete ) and went with an Ethernet input board instead.

Camtech Router Master 52 issues-imag0133-jpg

Hope that helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's obvious to me that I have lots to learn but what I was looking for was an indication that the machine was viable. From what you say it should be. I will contact Bob Camble and see what he says.
    Thanks for your input.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys, I'm a novice here. I was starting to build a Joes CNC and I already purchased the controller and steppers when I went to an auction where they had a working Router master 52. I bought it and took it apart to transport it but then the summer rush hit so now after 3 months I'm putting it back together. The old pc that came with it has a failing HDD but I did get the machine to start up yesterday and power up the motors. I have floppys of the software that came with the machine but no serial no's. I did a little reading when I got the machine and it appears you can run it with a Gecko controller and Mach 3 so if I can't get the machine running with the original software that's the route I'll probably take. If anyone is interested post here and I'll try to put up updates. One thing I'm going to have to change for sure is the 220v 3ph spindle since I've only got single phase 220 available. I'm going to mount a Hitachi router for now but I don't know if the stock software will work without being able to control the spindle speed yet since I haven't gotten that far yet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Camtech Router Master 52 issues

@Geekdon........did you get things working or did you try the Gecko route? I'm now in the same boat with a RM51 that I just acquired.

thanks
    Paxx

ps...also sent you a PM...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Camtech Router Master 52 issues

Hello everyone,
    I too am admiring my purchase of an Cam Tech RM52. Mine is the SM (Spacemaker) and with what I've read here and in other posts I will be gutting the electronics and going with new. My thoughts were that the hardware looks so good and the electronics are quite outdated. With the rather new experience that I've had building a home machine that runs steppers with a gecko 540 and Mach3.
    I will start a new thread here so as to not impose on this one: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/newthr...ewthread&f=215